Doctor insights on:
Could Pulmonary Fibrosis Spread From One Lung To A Health Lung
Both are affected: Normally, in pulmonary fibrosis both lungs are affected at the tissue level. The x-ray can show one lung more affected than the other. Confusion can occur when a doctor calls an old scar pulmonary fibrosis. In these cases, there should be no further progression of the scarring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Is it true that the disease won't spread to the other lung if only one part has pulmonary fibrosis?
Diagnosed with acute pulmonary fibrosis in 09. Currently 75% each lung scarred, how much time could be left?
I'm suffering from pulmonary fibrosis advanced stage, looking up for doctors contact whom i could contact for lung transplant !
Pulmonologist : Get in touch with a good pulmonologist in your area and he could help you further. ...Read more
Yes: Pulmonary fibrosis causes the inner latticework of the lungs to thicken. Given that this latticework supports oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange, and that exchange is dependent on the thinness of the transport membrane, pulmonary fibrosis makes the lungs work less efficiently, leading to shortness of breath. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had T.B which caused pulmonary fibrosis in my upper left lungs. will it have future implications?
I have pulmonary fibrosis, cause as yet undetermined (never smoked). Please comment on the safety of putting nebulized DMSO into the lungs.
Not safe: I would advise you not to put any such chemical into your lungs. I do not know of any good medical/scientifically valid data that supports such a use for dmso. You could actually make matters worse by putting any foreign body/chemicals into your lung. So play it safe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can radiation from holding a laptop cause irreparable damage to your lungs?
- What happens when osteosarcoma spreads to a lung is the end near?
- How lung can one fully recover from fluid extracted from lung due to pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you go from stage 4 lung cancer to stage 3 if you improve a bit?
- Does a lung transplant cure pulmonary fibrosis?
- How dangerous is a blood clot in the lungs to your health?
- What causes one to die from lung cancer cachexia?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free