Doctor insights on:
Could Low Blood Potassium Cause Shortness Breath
It can: the lungs would try to compensate for that making the person breathe faster ...Read more
Syndrome: What you describe could have many causes. The two you mention are among the possibilities. ...Read more
As a general rule, is 99mg of Potassium once daily enough to correct a deficiency level of 3.2? And can this level cause shortness of breath?
More potassium: I recommend that individuals with a low potassium take supplements and eat potassium-rich foods several times per day. Take the supplements with your meals which helps with the absorption. Also increase foods with higher potassium in your diet such as bananas, orange juice, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes and cashews. The low potassium itself does not cause shortness of breath but weakness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Few mechanisms: 1. Low intake in food 2. Loss in secretions- urine, gastrointestinal-vomitus and stool, sweat 3.Increased traslocation of k in to the cells in certain conditions eg. Insulin excess, mineralocorticoid( aldosterone - a hormone secreted by adrenal gld.) excess are associated with low potassium.There is a genetically acquired condition called periodic hypokalemic syndrome characterized by low k level. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If someone had low BP due to dysautonomia, would aldosterone be higher to increase blood volume? In turn could cause a lower than normal potassium?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can low blood pressure cause shortness of breath?
- Can low blood sugar cause shortness of breath?
- Low potassium levels shortness of breath
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low blood sugar shortness of breath
- Could iron deficiency cause shortness of breath
- Can low iron cause shortness of breath?
- Can low hemoglobin cause shortness of breath?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free