Doctor insights on:
Could I Have A Heart Malformation Had A Murmur On Sports Physical Was A Preemie
A premature baby is a baby born before term, meaning the baby is born before finishing 38 weeks of pregnancy. The earlier a baby is born, the more problems a baby will have in trying to adapt to the environment outside the mother's uterus. Problems include: small size, lung problems, heart problems, bleeding in the brain, hearing ...Read more
Is a heart murmur patient fit enough to participate in physically demanding sports such as boxing?
Chance I have marfan's? Rapid sports fatigue, heart murmurs a few months ago for ~1 week, & sev. myopia (-13D), astig, bad floaters, + loose retina
Depends: A systolic murmur describes turbulent blood flow during the systolic portion (where the ventricles push blood to the lungs and body) of the cardiac cycle. There are several causes of this, which range from trivial to more serious. You should speak with your md to determine the etiology of the murmur and then he/she can advise about exercise and exertion levels. ...Read more
5yo had physical and Pedi said her innocent heart murmur is louder than past but still nothing to worry about. Why isn't it gone and why is it louder?
Murmur : Your pedi might be right sometimes it is louder, but usually when you have anemia or fever. You can also ask to see a pediatric cardiologist, maybe an echo can be done and if normal you can be 100% sure that it is innocent or Ped cardiologist may not even see echocardiogram necessary ...Read more
Is a cardiac doppler echo/ tte accurate if performed correctly for finding physical malformations that cause murmur?
High accuracy: For investigation of the possible causes of a heart murmur, a properly performed transthoracic echocardiogram will have high accuracy as long as the imaging windows are good. If the echocardiogram is normal and the quality of images obtained is good, no further investigation is required. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could my hymen have broken when i was younger through a sports injury
- I have a tender spot on the back of my head what could be the cause
- I have a lump in the back of my throat on the left side what could it be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of swollen, painful, red lumps on the penis
- I have a numb spot on my left side of my back what could be the cause
- I have a lump on my left wrist what could it be
- I feel a little pressure on my chest right where the heart is what could that be
- Talk to a pediatrician online