Doctor insights on:
Could I Be Allergic To Fluorescent Lighting
Fluorescent is safe: We do not fully understand why sun light, particularly the ultra-violet rays cause flare of sle. Sunlight also can cause rashes without allergy, cause attacks of some metabolic abnormalities (porphyria) and rashes when taking certain medications (minocycline, for instance). Fluorescent light is safe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After getting a sinus infection, my vision gets blurry in one eye (mostly peripheral) after being in sunlight or fluorescent lighting for a long time ?
Replace: Ask your employer to replace them or find another place to work. Replacing them would represent a significant expense to the employer and the lighting from other sources would probably not be sufficient for the work place; so i would not be optimistic that you can talk the employer into doing this. This leaves you with accepting them or finding a new place to work. ...Read more
Is truth that fluorescent bulbs are dangerous for health and also contains a significant amount of mercury ?
Not really: Fluorescent bulbs do contain small amounts of mercury but not nearly enough to create a health hazard. Additionally, the newer compact fluorescent bulbs contain plastic sleeves around the light to contain any mercury should the bulb shatter. ...Read more
Is wearing SPF 30+ enough protection? Do I really need a hat everyday or is that only recommended? Will fluorescent lights also cause flare-ups?
What condition?: If you mean Polymorphic Light Eruption, then you will need to avoid exposure to lights which trigger your problem . SPF 30 is sufficient for partial sun protection but should be applied about 45 mins prior to exposure and every 2 hrs thereafter when exposed to the sun. Wearing a hat with wide brim is always a good idea. I still don't know whether you have lupus or something else. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exposed to CO for about 1 yr. Some symptoms cleared, but I have problems w/ balance & sensitivity to fluorescent & WiFi, speech. Will clear w/ time?
CO exposure: it may hard to say as the timing of brain healing is not totally understood. May consider Provigil, checkf or B 12, Tsh , free T4 discuss lutein and xeathin supplement and also consider neurospychologic testing to examine the deficits. Follow up with neurologist it is important ...Read more
My mom broke a fluorescent lightbulb in our fridge and didn't clean it for a week. Is that dangerous?
Broken glass: Broken glass is dangerous, especially in a place of food storage, because it can be hard to see and can damage the face or eyes when eating. The main chemical concern is mercury vapor, present in all fluorescent lamps. While mercury is a poisonous gas, there is not enough in one bulb to pose any risk, especially after a week. If the fridge is safely cleaned and food discarded, there is no danger. ...Read more
Extreme sensitivity to fluorescent light. Cause fuzzy feeling in head. High anxiety. Occasional wave sensation in head. Help!!
This could be: sub-migraine headaches, so start with a general physical and ask for a referral, if needed, to a neurologist. This could also be atypical light sensitivity of just the eyes and eye/brain interactions. For this, see an ophthalmologist. This should lower your anxiety, but if not, the anxiety could also cause hypersensitivity to external stimuli. Now, we have a different problem...anxiety. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Allergic to fluorescent lights
- What could i be allergic to in pool water?
- Could i be allergic to my titanium implant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could i be allergic to if itching after general anesthesia and on pain med?
- How could i treat allergic contact dermatitis on my face?
- Can muscle relaxers cause redness and itchiness could i be allergic to them?
- Could eczema be an allergic reaction
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free