Doctor insights on:
Could Having Leukopenia Lead To Hodgkin Disease Or Any Other Type Of Cancers
YES: Leukopenia means low white cell count. It can be associated with various things, which can include: infection (eg., cold/ flu, typhoid, hiv, aids, malaria, tuberculosis, etc), aplastic anemia, cancer (eg, hogkin's lymphoma, leukemia, myelofibrosis, etc.), metabolic deficiencies (eg, copper, zinc and folate deficiencies), or treatment-related (eg, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, etc). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a malignant (cancerous) proliferation of lymphocytes with unique biological, prognostic and diagnostic features. It involves mostly lymph nodes and it may be treated and cured with the use of chemotherapy, radiation or a combination of both. It is considered a lymphoma with excellent long term prognosis ...Read more
My Mom is suffering from hodgkins disease. Recently she is diagnosed with jaundice level 20 as the cancer nodes are pressing the liver. Pls help.
NHL (Non Hodgkin's: Lymphoma) is a broad category of lymphomas (anything other than Hodgkin's). They are further classified by the malignant cell type (B or T cell); microscopic appearance (e.g. diffuse large cell, follicular, etc); and by gene mutation profiles. "Staging" (1-4) refers to how widespread the disease is, and is modified as "B" if the patients has systemic symptoms (fever, night sweats, weight loss). ...Read more
Can be cured: I want you to know that Stage IV Hodgkin is unlike other stage IV cancers -- it is often cured. Please be sure to keep appointments, follow oncologist's recommendations. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Leukopenia lead disease any other type cancers
- Could daily exposure to rust cause tetanus or some other type of illness
- What can you do to reduce your risk of heart disease cancer and other diseases?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could the disease leukopenia lead to leukemia
- Will fibrocystic breast disease eventually or inevitably lead to breast cancer
- Talk to a oncologist online for free