Doctor insights on:
Could Having Hamsters As Pets Contribute To Pulmonary Fibrosis
No: Doctors have a saying, "if you are standing on a plain in colorado and you hear hoof beats, dont turn around expecting to see zebras." there are so many other conditions which are more common that i would suspect to cause a cough. Infections like colds and bronchitis when coughing for a week to a month. Asthma or chronic bronchitis when months to years. Others can be found with xrays etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ve been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, sometimes I have pain in the breastbone, could it be related to pf?
Not directly...: Pulmonary fibrosis does not cause pain directly but if you are coughing, the cough can lead to musculoskeletal chest wall pain. If the pain is present all the time (not just when coughing or deep breathing), see your doctor to be sure it is not cardiac pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Scars: In nflammation from any cause in so much area of the lung, inflammatory cells recruit the fibrocytes (scar cells). These cells lay down fibers to wall of the inflammations but because there is diffuse inflammation, they end up laying down fiber in the interstitial spaces in may areas. It thickens the areas in between the air sacs and the blood vessels. That is fibrosis, if limited area it's scar. ...Read more
No: Weather does not make a difference for pulmonary fibrosis. Altitude does. In pulmonary fibrosis it is harder for oxygen to cross into the bloodstream. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen pressure compounding the problem. Ultimately, living at lower altitudes does not affect survival or the course of the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could pulmonary fibrosis spread from one lung to a health lung
- Are there any vitamins to help people who have pulmonary fibrosis?
- Does chest pain mean i could have pulmonary fibrosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could be causing my right elbow to pop and crack and have pains in it?
- What could it mean if i have vaginal discharge and it hurts to pee?
- Should morphine be used to treat pulmonary fibrosis
- Can pepto bismol cause me to have black stools as well as constipation?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free