Doctor insights on:
Could Getting A Sprained Finger Be Caused By Cracking Your Knuckles
R.I.C.E.: Rest (limit your activities with the finger), immobilization (with a splint to limit movement), cold (packs of ice, 20 mins on, then 20 mins. Off) and elevation (above the heart, whenever possible to reduce swelling). If r.I.C.E. Does not provide sufficient relief, or if you are in severe pain, then it's time to see you doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Over the counter tylenol or Motrin can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Consider a fracture: Severe bruising from a finger sprain heightens my concern for an avulsion fracture or a tear of a ligament or tendon. Simple sprains only need to be splinted for short time. Persistent symptoms should be evaluated by a physician. Better yet, have it checked now to rule out these more serious causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could getting hit by a pitch in baseball cause a ruptured muscle
- Sprained finger caused cracking knuckles
- Could tendonitis in the wrist be caused by having broken a bone
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could an arrhythmia be caused by a magnesium defficiency
- I have a tender spot on the back of my head what could be the cause
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- How could i tell the difference between a sprained and broken finger?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free