Doctor insights on:
Could Be Caused Pyelonephritis Just By Cold
Kidney infection: Usually bacteria infecting kidney, possibly causing damage if not treated properly in timely fashion. Bacteria can affect kidney by refluxing up from bladder. Hematogenous (via blood) is other possibility. Results of inadequate treated pyelonephritis are scarring and loss of renal cortex. Chronic scarring can cause hypertension.If both kidneys severely involved renal failure. ...Read more
Cause of pyelo?: 29 F wants to know cause of pyelonephritis. Aka infection of the kidneys causing scaring and kidney failure. Can also be related analgesic abuse if you lived in Australia and took a lot. Some have symptoms of infection others not. Congenital reflux from bladder or kidney stones contribute. At one time thought to be common cause of HTN. Rarely one side which may increase BP. Check UPTODATE for more ...Read more
Bacteria. : The most common cause of kidney infections, or pyelonephritis, is bacteria introduced from the lower urinary tract. The most common cause is escherichia coli (75-95%), then proteus, klebsiella, & staphylococcus. "focal" is a descriptive term, likely from radiology, describing the infection as localized to a specific part of the kidney. Regardless of the description, this is a serious infection. ...Read more
See remark: Very broad question ? Pyelonephritis is basically infection of the kidney ,due to many causes such as presence of stone,infection in the blood stream,infection of bladder due to abnormality of the ureters allowing germs to travel from bladder to the kidneys (this is most common) It is a SERIOUS matter. You should see a specialist,since long standing infection leads to serious complication . ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could red streaks down my leg be caused by?
- What could be causing pain near my left rib by my heart?
- Could pulmonary emboli be caused by stress
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could osteomyelitis be caused by long term ingrown toenail
- Could my swollen lymph nodes and weight loss be caused by my celiac disease
- Could shingles be caused by stress or injury
- Could the large vein on the top of my penis be caused by bph
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free