Doctor insights on:
Could Arthritis In My Neck Be Causing All My Muscles To Get Very Tight
Yes: The neck muscles are there to support your head in an upright position. If you have arthritis, or have damaged your neck in another way, the neck muscles are used to minimize the motion of your spine. These muscles can the fatigue (ache) spasm or just stay very tight. Things that can help include ibuprofen, massage, heating pads, acupuncture and chiropractors. If it persists consult neurosurgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Could sleeping on a poor pillow be the cause of tight neck muscles and tight muscles throughout the head? Have very poor posture also.
Maybe? But see a doc: Many things can cause neck pain. Certainly sleeping on a pillow that's not the right fit for you can cause such things. I note that you talk about foot numbness in "conditions". That raises the possibility of disc issues in your back, and possibly your neck. To further assess that, you really need a good physical examination and some imaging to look into the issue. Please see your doctor soon. ...Read more
Tight upper back and neck muscles, what kind of health problems can this cause? Also, is there a specific exercise to release the tension in the areas mentioned?
Occipital neuralgia: The most common symptom is suboccipital pain radiating to the back of the head and occasionally down the back of the neck. Tenderness over the neck is common. During severe episodes, the pain may be felt in the retro-orbital, temporal areas, dizziness, vertigo and lightheadedness. Rec.: see an orofacial pain or pain management specialist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- A stiff muscle in neck causes my head to go forward what could be helpful
- What could be causing my right elbow to pop and crack and have pains in it?
- I keep getting scabs in my nose could this be due to allergies
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could be causing the skin on my hands to get dark spots?
- What could be the cause of a very low vitamin d level in my lab results?
- Could having cadaver bone be causing my neck to crack frequently
- Can decay in teeth be causing my head pressure and neck pain?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free