Doctor insights on:
Could Anorexia Hurt A Baby When The Mother Is Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Yes: Both mom and baby need a lot of calories during the pregnancy (about 400 more calories per day for a normal weight woman). Not eating enough during pregnancy can ultimately hurt the baby, although the mom will start to see symptoms before the baby will (the baby's metabolic needs will take precedence). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
24 weeks pregnant (high risk pg). My mother in law is a devil and she completely stressed me out today. My heart was thumping. Could i have hurt baby?
Seems unlikely: I'm NOT an expert in OB, but consider this: your baby will have experienced stress hormones during development and thus will be more able to handle stress better later in life - maybe a future prime minister? Surely all women experience periods of stress during 9 months of pregnancy, don't you think? Suppose you were chased by a tiger (10,000 years ago). ...Read more
So I am a mother to two wonderful baby's, well i been kinda late on my monthly and I have been leaking brown stuff, could i be pregnant?
Minimal: The risk of cardiomyopathy in pregnancy is to the mother, not the fetus. That said, if cardiomyopathy were severe it might necessitate early delivery of the infant, which could have a negative impact on its health. This would be rare, though. Any mother with cardiomyopathy should get expert counseling from a cardiologist and a maternal fetal medicine physician before choosing to get pregnant. ...Read more
How long: How long have you been trying? At your age, i would recommend timed intercourse x 12 months before seeking medical help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the vagina wetter when a woman is pregnant?
- When is the latest a pregnant woman can get an abortion
- What does it mean when the soft spot on a babys head is raised?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to hurt the baby if i have sex while pregnant?
- My shins hurt quite a bit when i run or jog is there any way to prevent the pain
- What is it called when a baby is growing inside the fallopian tubes?
- What is the reason they buzzed my belly when pregnant did the baby hear it?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online