Doctor insights on:
Could Albinism Be Prenatally Detected
It could be possible that a carrier of albinism (aa) not show any traits of albinism, but be visually impaired?
Albinism: Albinos inherit a deficiency in a gene which makes pigment. Pigment is protective against sun and other environmental influences it is usually a recessive and therefore the abnormal gene is in both parents with a 25% of albino offspring (higher if the parent is albino themselves). Multiple body systems can be affected including vision. Sun sensitivity is extreme. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Albinism is a genetic pigmentary disorder. The genetic defect that affects enzymes that are involving in pigment (melanin) production or distributive pathways. With this condition, it is absolutely imperative to use sunscreen/block, sunglasses, and sun protective clothing to prevent uv induced damages. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ct guided abscess drainage perirenal
- Research eye
- Does sudafed make you drowsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ideas for preschoolers
- Are diet supplements safe?
- Doctor stephen scarantino westbury ny
- Healing of broken shoulder
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free