Doctor insights on:
Could Albinism Be Prenatally Detected
It could be possible that a carrier of albinism (aa) not show any traits of albinism, but be visually impaired?
Yes: Albinism is categorized into a number of different disorders all with different genetic alterations. As a result, it is difficult to predict inheritance pattern from an affected parent unless a genetic diagnosis is made. In which case, prentatal testing by amniocentecis is available. I would recommend you talk to a genetic counselor or geneticist. ...Read more
Please tell me, could one twin have "full" albinism and the other have ocular albinism if both parents carriers?
Yes: If they are non-identical twins this is possible ...Read more
No: Albinism is a genetic pigmentary disorder. The genetic defect that affects enzymes that are involving in pigment (melanin) production or distributive pathways. With this condition, it is absolutely imperative to use sunscreen/block, sunglasses, and sun protective clothing to prevent uv induced damages. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could this be a virus
- Causes of pain in the groin and hip with leg numbness
- Could the tingling sensation in my vagina be a sign of pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a lump in the back of my throat on the left side what could it be
- What could all the tiny bumps over my babies arms and legs be?
- So my boyfriend has this big bump its hard what is it could it be a cist
- When i burp theres an awful taste and smell what could this be
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free