Doctor insights on:
Could A Chiropractor Tell If You Have A Dislocated Shoulder By Look Or By Touch
A glenohumeral dislocation occurs when the head of humeus displaces in relationship to the glenoid fossa. Most glenohumeral dislocations occur when the humerus slips forward (anterior) on the fossa. A disocated shoulder must be reduced, & a post-reduction x-ray is necessary to check for any fractures/ ensure proper realignment. Dislocations may also cause soft tissue ...Read more
Shoulder: The most definitive way to diagnose this is via a set of xray from various angles. Experienced physicians can usually (but not always) diagnose by palpation/exam. ...Read more
6 - 8 weeks: For a first time dislocator without other issues (i.e. No fractures, nerve damage, or recurrent shoulder subluxations on x-rays) you are typically in a sling for the first week or so. Then you should start range of motion and strengthening with a therapist. Most people do well and can get back to activities. But, if you still have feelings the shoulder is slipping you may need further testing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: There are two main types of shoulder dislocations: anterior and posterior. Either type of dislocation is very painful and always associated with a limitation in arm movement. I have never seen a shoulder dislocation where there was still full range of arm motion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
X-rays! !!!: U need an incident, pain ; exam including x-rays. ...Read more
Shoulder Dislocation: A shoulder dislocation is very painful and can be diagnosed by exam and X-rays. If you are concerned about this then make an appointment quickly to see an Orthopaedic surgeon or go to the ER if this just occurred to be evaluated and treated if necessary. Take care, Joe Wilson. ...Read more
See orthopedist: Initially rest it and avoid painful maneuvers especially the throwing position. You may use a sling for a few weeks if desired. Gradually, your activity level can be increased with a supervised rehab. Program. Discuss definitive treatment with a sports orthopedist to determine your options. Surgical and non-surgical treatment options are supported for a first time dislocator. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to tell if you are having a boy or girl by heart rate?
- How can you tell if a rash is caused by an allergic reaction or something else?
- Can a doctor tell if you have colon cancer by taking test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- How can you tell if you have torn cartilage or a muscle in your knee?
- How can you tell if you have a beer belly or just a gut?
- Can i tell if a rash is dangerous by looking at it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free