Doctor insights on:
Could A Broken Bone Cause A Missed Period
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Yes: Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems (i.e. PCOS). #1 reason is pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Antibiotics usually do not cause a missed period but the underlying cause for which you are taking the antibiotics can affect the period. Any physical stress such as illness or psychological stress can affect ovulation and cause an irregular period. It is always important to take a pregnancy test when the period is late. ...Read more
No: No, they don't.Get a more detailed answer ›
A missed period is when you don't have a period at your normal time. Because a missed period can be due to pregnancy, even a period that is signficantly lighter or shorter can be considered a missed period and possible pregnancy. And having early symptoms of early pregnancy such as sore breasts or mild nausea would increase ...Read more
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could be the cause of a missed period?
- Could tendonitis in the wrist be caused by having broken a bone
- What could cause you to miss your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What else besides pregnancy could cause a missed period?
- What could cause lower back pain and missed period?
- Missed period but not pregnant what could it be
- What could be the reason for a missed period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free