Doctor insights on:
Cough Drops Safe To Take While Pregnant
I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant, is it safe to take cough drops? I have a really bad cough that has been keeping me up at night.
Meds in pregnancy: It depends on what the cough drops contain. Typical OTC cough drops may contain a mild local anesthetic along with the candy-like drop. This is probably okay in small doses. Please consult your OB for more recommendations and to make sure the cough is not asthma or other new condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I have a really bad cough. Theses cough drops arent doing much for me especially at night. What medicine can I take for this while im pregnant?
I am 24 w eeks pregnant I am getting a terrible cold what can I take... Am i allowed to take cold ease or alka seltzer or cough drops or anything!?!?!
Yes: There are quite a few things you can take. Of course, drinking lots of water is more important and right after that, getting a lot of rest. You can take plain sudafed after 1st trimester, plain robitussin, tylenol, cough drops are okay. Benedryl and guanfenisin are also okay. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 34wks pregnant. Is it ok to take halls cough drops? It's been about two weeks and i've been taking Zantac for a week so it's not r/t my heartburn.
Yes: Yes, no problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take halls cough drops while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take menthol cough drops when pregnant?
- Is it safe to take cough syrup if i get sick while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is afrin safe to take while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take norco while pregnant?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online