Doctor insights on:
I have not had a bm in 7 days. I have the pressure to go but when trying...nothing!! I have taken 2 otc laxatives (Correctol) and Miralax yesterday and still NOTHING!! What can i do at this point?? Even went to chiropractor for sciatic pressure and he as
Few options: Osmotic laxatives are the safest to use on a regular basis if needed and they are available by rx - lactulose, or otc - mom (milk of magnesia), miralax. Stool softners eg. Colace or fiber supplements eg. Metamucil, benefiber may also help. You should be trying to eat 30 grams of fiber per day along with drinking 64+ ounces of water per day. Good luck! ...Read more
About 8 hours: About 8 hours.Get a more detailed answer ›
Stop: The laxatives cause the intestinal tract to move your stools and you may be experiencing spasms. Allow time for the meds to wear off. If the pain gets worse you should have it evaluated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why was correctol laxative discontinued?
- What to do when laxatives don't work?
- Best fast acting laxative
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- No bowel movement after taking laxative
- Baking soda laxative
- Can you eat after taking a laxative?
- Fastest working laxative
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free