Doctor insights on:
Coronaviruses Cause Illness Humans Coronavirus Responsible Disease Sars
Currently, no one.: As the virus, which was first recognized in southern china, seems to have not recurred since the epidemic about 10 years ago that spread around the world killing about 700 people. This year, a handful of infections from a similar virus in the mideast have been reported but without the person to person spread. ...Read more
Expat in singapore. Concerned about sars. Am I the only person here who is really scared of this disease?
What to do if I have to do this leaflet for years 1+2 about diseases, like sars and swine flu. how are they transmitted ?
Leaflet: If asked to do a leaflet about a medical topic that is not in an area of yoru expertise, it would be wise to consult an authoritative source like the CDC website for information. The CDC does a good job in making medical information available in a way that everyone can understand it. ...Read more
Which of the following diseases would you consider to be endemic- sars, aids, flu, influenza or cancer?
No: Totally different viruses.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not clear: No studies have been published on inactivation periods of the virus outside of a living organism; using similar viri survival periods were found to be 5 to 28 days depending on temperature and humidity. Survival was longest for low humidity and low temperature (4 degrees c and 20% relative humidity). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bacteria causing diseases in human
- Diseases caused by human papillomavirus
- Human diseases caused by microorganisms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Diseases caused by microorganisms in humans
- Causes of disease in humans
- Diseases caused by parasites in humans
- Diseases caused by mold in humans
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online