Doctor insights on:
Pachymetry: Corneal thickness which plays a role in several diseases of the eye, is measured currently with device termed a pachymeter. This uses a timed pulse of ultrasound which reflects off the top and bottom layers of the cornea which then is computed for that time to produce a digital readout of the corneal thickness. ...Read more
Cornea v. lens: Clouding of the natural lens (cataract) can be surgically correct with removal of the clouded lens and substitution of an intraocular lens. A cloudy cornea, which has many possible causes, can frequenly be improved with certain medications or corneal surgery such as a corneal transplantation. ...Read more
Alter eye power: Corneal rings are implanted arcs of plastic into the inner layers of the cornea. They cause a change in the refraction which neutralizes moderate degrees of myopia. They also have some use in moderate keratoconus to improve the vision and some feel to slow the progression. Your corneal specialist ophthalmologist can help with this. ...Read more
Irritated on and off for a few weeks now. Could it be a corneal scratch or something more serious?
Short time interval: A corneal abrasion is the loss of the overlying skin on the cornea, the window that lets light into the front of the eye. They are usually quite painful. Your ophthalmologist should see this, and may use eyedrops, a therapeutic contact lense and sometimes patching. Healing is usually rapid in 1-2 days unless there is a problem. Try not to treat this yourself. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after a corneal abrasion can i start to wear contacts again?
- Corneal abrasion
- Corneal abrasions after cataract surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you swim with a corneal abrasion?
- How to flatten the lower pannus?
- Over the counter treatment for corneal abrasion
- Wearing contacts after corneal ulcer
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free