Doctor insights on:
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Friend thinks she may have contracted herpes from a child at her childcare facility, is this possible?
Possibly: The strain matters here. Generally hsv i causes cold sores and mouth ulcers, and is common with children. Hsv ii is the genital variety, generally contracted through sex. However, both types can cause problems in the alternate areas, so it is possible to become infected through an atypical route like you describe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
64 year old female .....Non sexuallyy active......Contracted herpes 2...... What are possible ways of aquiring.......Thank you kindly?
Old infection: The most likely explanation is that you acquired it some time in the past when you were sexually active, and just had a recent outbreak. ...Read more
I contracted herpes 6 years ago, I felt it come and leave, now it seems the process is entirely internal, I never get sores, is that normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herpes simplex virus contracted
- How is oral herpes contracted?
- Contracting herpes simplex 1
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can herpes be contracted without an outbreak?
- Chances of contracting herpes without an outbreak
- How do people contract herpes simplex?
- Are toilet seats a hot zone to contract herpes type 2?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free