Doctor insights on:
Constriction Of The Esophagus
Immediately after consuming water,sugary drinks,anything fizzy and some foods I produce huge amounts of sputum in my upper airway, no constriction.
After eating, my wife has regurgitation every time and sometime burning in the esophagus, what is the remedy?
Gastric reflux: Man or woman, barrett's esophagus results from damage to the lining of the esophagus due to backing up of stomach acid and enzymes. It often causes heartburn and may lead to ulceration, bleeding, scarring and with time may be cancer. Initial treatment is usually with antacids, but surgery may be needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Tube: The esophagus is the muscular tube that connects the back of the throat to the stomach. The esophagus pushes food along similar to a snake swallowing a golf ball. There are two sphincters in the esophagus, one separating the esophagus from the back of the throat, and a lower sphincter separating the esophagus from the stomach. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Anti reflux Rx: Be is a complication of chronic reflux; may be painless. Cells in lower esophagus look like intestinal cells, would be ok if they weren't esoph. Cells; less resistant to chemical onslaught. Pre-cancerous. 1% of barrett's pts. May develop adeno (gland) ca of esoph. Rx with aggressive med rx, ppi twice a day, and follow up endoscopy to check for "dysplasia"-more cancer-like; can remove by scope. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Anatomy of the throat and esophagus
- Thickening of the esophagus
- Can whole leaf aloe vera help inflammation of the esophagus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chronic inflammation of the esophagus
- Causes of cancer of the esophagus
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagus treatment
- Normal ph of the esophagus
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online