Doctor insights on:
Conservatism Is A Mental Disorder
It depends: Many disorders fluctuate spontaneously over time; there may be symptom-free periods (even for years). Some improve partially - e.g., some with adhd lose the hyperactivity, but retain concentration problems, as they age. Some personality disorders may improve over time. Some disorders stay more or less the same, and some get worse over time. Treatment, of course, greatly influences illness course. ...Read more
See your doc: I'm not sure what is making you concerned about your having a mental disorder, but I would say this: 1- if you are having distressing thoughts and feelings you should see your doc. If s/he needs to refer you out, they will 2- don't worry about "having a disorder." We name stuff so we can generalize and talk to each other. Everyone is their own separate cluster of symptoms and experiences. Be well ...Read more
Get evaluated: Two factors determine illness: symptoms and dysfunction. If the symptoms have a negative impact on your life like interfering with work, relationships or enjoyment of life I would seek help ...Read more
If you have: worrisome symptoms - please consider psychiatric/ psychological assessment. Take care. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Old people mental disorders
- Violent mental disorders
- Is depression a mental illness or disorder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Severe mental disorders list
- Mental health anxiety disorders
- How many mental disorders are there?
- Mental disorders skitsofrantic
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free