Doctor insights on:
Connection Between Thyroid And Fistula
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two places. Most commonly, it originates somewhere in the intestine and communicates to another location in the intestine or in the skin. A fistula can develop after abdominal surgery, with inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, anorectal abscess, and ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
Hypothyroidism...: Hypothyroidism is easier to correct. In hypothyroidism, supplemental thyroid hormone can be taken to reach an adequate normal level. Hyperthyroid states are usually more difficult to control. Depending on the hyperthyroid illness, radioactive iodine, surgery, or anti-thyroid medications may be used. Often hypothyroidism results after treating hyperthyroid patients, but is easy to deal with. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any connection between dyshidrotic eczema and thyroid?
- Connection between thyroiditis and gluten
- Is there a connection between gleevec and dementia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a connection between rosacea and lupus?
- Is there connection between snoring and allergies?
- Is there a connection between rosacea and eczema?
- Connection between endometriosis and autism
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free