Doctor insights on:
Conjunctival Problems Associated With Polymyalgia Rheumatica And Thyroid Disease
PMR : Pmr is an inflammatory disorder that affects proximal muscles of shoulder joint and hip joint due to unknown causes. There is inflammation with elevated ESR and crp. There is mild anemia and effusion of tendons around shoulders on us. Temporal arteritis(ta) is seen in 15% of pmr patients. Pmr occurs in 50% of ta patients. It occurs in genetic predisposition triggered by environmental factors. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You can have problems with they thyroid making too much or too little thyroid hormone. You can also have problems with it being too large (goiter) of having nodules or cysts in it. There are also occasional thyroid cancers. Most thyroid problems can be easily diagnosed and treated ...Read more
Autoimmune: Polymyalgia rheumatica (pmr) is an autoimmune disease that occurs in people 50 years of age and older. It is associated with severe pain and stiffness in the shoulders and hips. Pmr can also lead to blindness due to inflammation in blood vessels of the eye. Pmr is treated with steroids and Aspirin to prevent blindness. Other medicines (antibiotics) are sometimes used to prevent steroid effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many aches and pain: The definition is many muscles and joint pain. Polymyalgia rheumatica is an inflammatory arthritic disease that affects patients above 50 years old. It is associated with shoulder, upper arm (muscles), hip, upper leg (muscles) pain and stiffness. It can be associated with fevers and weight loss. True weakness comes from the pain and stiffness of the muscles and joints. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fairly common: Plymyalgia rheumatica is a fairly common rheumatic condition as compared to other rheumatic diseases. It occurs in 50 to 55 people per 100, 000. It is twice as common in women as compared to men. It is rare below the age of 50 and increases as age continues to go up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can jaw pain be associated with sinus and thyroid problems?
- Rash on stomach and chest area with thyroid disease
- Is there a relationship between thyroid disease and kidney problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Stiff neck with fatigue and thyroid problems
- What is the difference between autoimmune diseases and polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Pneumonia associated with thyroid nodules and vocal cord lesions
- Is uncontrolled blushing associated with thyroid disease?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free