Doctor insights on:
Compound Fracture Of The Spine
Compound fracture: Depends. A compound fracture has bone fragments piercing the skin. Healing depends on the general health, the severity of the fracture, the surgery, whether there is damage to nerves and vessels along with other soft tissue, and the occurrance of any complications. Healing may be delayed due to many factors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Compound fracture: Is an older term for open fracture. When the fractured bone comes out thru the skin at the time of injury. In a low grade mild open fracture there may only be a pinhole in the skin but the shape and direction of the fracture pushes the bone out for a second before it vanishes. In a severe open fracture with a big wound its more obviuos that the bone is out. All need antibiotics and washing out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Apply lots of force : But i wouldn't recommend it.Get a more detailed answer ›
See below: Keep weight off the area and elevate the fractured area. ...Read more
Surgical: Always surgical.Get a more detailed answer ›
Crushing injuries: Major car crashes and industrial crushing injuries, fall from great height, and collision sports often result in coompound fractures--basically complete fracture of the bone with fragmentations at the fracture site--see picture. Live well. Live safely. Protect yourself. Protect your family. Good luck. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- How long will a compound fracture of the right forearm ache for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Compound fracture of the femur
- What does a fracture of the thoracic spine vertebral really mean?
- What are the major symptoms of compound fracture?
- What is the usual cause of compression fractures in the spine?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free