Doctor insights on:
Compound Fracture Of The Spine
Get help now ›
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Compound fracture: Depends. A compound fracture has bone fragments piercing the skin. Healing depends on the general health, the severity of the fracture, the surgery, whether there is damage to nerves and vessels along with other soft tissue, and the occurrance of any complications. Healing may be delayed due to many factors. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Open wound, fracture: Compound fractures are relatively easy to identify as they are open wounds with a broken bone at the opening. In addition to obvious trauma, pain, and bleeding, a compound fracture also causes the injured area to appear deformed. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Pressure : Like in a bad football or soccer accident or have a boat fall on you. Not a good thing to have your bone protrude through your skin! ...Read moreGet help now ›
See below: Keep weight off the area and elevate the fractured area. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Surgical: Always surgical. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Crushing injuries: Major car crashes and industrial crushing injuries, fall from great height, and collision sports often result in coompound fractures--basically complete fracture of the bone with fragmentations at the fracture site--see picture. Live well. Live safely. Protect yourself. Protect your family. Good luck. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- How long will a compound fracture of the right forearm ache for?
- What is a compound fracture of the leg?
- Compound fracture of the femur
- What does a fracture of the thoracic spine vertebral really mean?
- What are the major symptoms of compound fracture?
- What is the usual cause of compression fractures in the spine?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free