Doctor insights on:
Complications Of Shoulder Surgery
Scheduled for my 2nd shoulder surgery in 3 weeks. 1st surgery = 100% rom no complications but it tore again while fishing. Why does it keep tearing?
Cannot say: This is not a question that can be easily answered. The specifics of a patient's aftercare is dictated by the specifics of your case. The person who is most familiar with your case is your orthopedic surgeon. Therefore, your orthopedic surgeon's answer to this question is the most valid. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Shoulder Procedure: Any intervention that breaks the skin's natural protective barrier against foreign invaders may be technically considered a surgical procedure. Most people think of surgery where an open incision is made but increasingly many complex repairs can now be performed without a large incision (arthroscopy or key hole surgery) http://www.Theshouldercenter.Com/shoulder-surgery.Htm. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
An infection: If you develop a shoulder infection you need to have it drained and the best way if surgical arthroscopy. If you have recurrent shoulder dislocations or a symptomatic rotator cuff tear and you are under sixty you should highly consider having surgery. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I just had major shoulder surgery and now nothing tastes right or good. Will my tastes return to normal anytime soon?
Yes maybe not soon: Although altered sense of taste and/or smell is an uncommon side effect of general anesthesia, it CAN occur. The anesthetic propofol is the most common anesthetic culprit. (In Michael Jackson's case, it sadly altered his sense of common sense). With time, the anesthesia and its metabolites will clear out and your taste sensation will return. If it's not back in 14 days, contact your surgeon. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Complications of intrascalene nerve block for shoulder surgery
- How to get rid of gas after surgery shoulder?
- Complications of ulnar nerve transposition surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are common complications of open heart surgery?
- Post op complications of bowel surgery
- What is the complication rate of carotid artery bypass surgery?
- Complications of axillary lymph node surgery
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free