Doctor insights on:
Complications Caused By Diabetes
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Yes.: Any infection can cause uncontrolled sugar swings. If you use a glucometer to check your sugars, you might want to be extra vigilant when you are ill. Also, be wary of dehydration with rotavirus, which can be compounded if your diabetes was not under control (a high blood sugar will cause you to urinate more). Good luck and have a low threshold for getting checked out by your physician! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PCOS: can slightly increase your risks of early termination, etc. but should be limited risk if you work closely with your doctors. ...Read more
Risk factors: The causes are not clearly known. There are certain factors which may lead to diabetes. Virus infections can lead to diabetes. If it runs in your family, you are obese, smoke cigarettes, had gestational diabetes or had a baby weighing 9 or more pounds, have impaired glucose tolerance, do not exercise regularly, low HDL cholesterol or high triglycerides, high blood pressure you are at high risk. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Red blood cells in urine caused by diabetes
- List of disease caused by mycoplasma complications
- Diverticulitis cause complications diabetes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Diabetes caused by pancreatitis
- What is the type of stroke caused by hypertension and diabetes?
- Complications caused by a laminectomy
- Can diabetes be caused by stress?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free