Doctor insights on:
Common Cold Post Tussive Vomiting
Saw neuro 4 severe headache lasts 15 secs after cough fit whenever sick. Started 9 yrs ago. He says post tussive cough or unruptured anuerysm? Scared!
Do I have the flu or a common cold? My symptoms are : cough, sneezing, chills, vomiting, hurting stomach, hard to breath without coughing, headache, had a fever, runny nose
My husband is 25 and got a horriblecough from my 2 yr old niece. He is almoat vomiting after coughing and hard breathing and has a bad gasp at the end?
7-14 days: While a common cold cannot be "cured", it will run its course within 7 to 14 days. Antibiotics are not helpful for the common cold but there are a few supplements that have been shown to increase your body's immune response to the virus, including zinc, vitamin c, and echinacea. ...Read more
Less than 5-7 days: Most viral upper respiratory infection will resolve within 5-7 days. If symptoms persist beyond this length of time, or there is a worsening of symptoms after an initial improvement, it may have progressed into a bacterial infection. This is the usual pathway in the development of a sinus infection, as an example. ...Read more
Patience: Mostly, you need to hydrate and rest while your immune system does the work. In the early stages, there are some medications that can help make it more bearable. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is post tussive vomiting a symptom of common cold?
- Bronchiolitis post tussive vomiting
- Pertussis post tussive vomiting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is post tussive vomiting a symptom of bronchiolitis?
- How long does post tussive vomiting associated with pertussis last?
- Post tussive syncope
- Post viral tussive syndrome
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free