Doctor insights on:
Colonoscopy Prep With Medication
Colonoscopy prep says no herbal medications 7 days before. Does this include probiotics, fish oil, or melatonin?
Im doing a colonoscopy prep..i have fibromyalgia and it's flared up as well as having a migraine. I have medication for both but I don't know if I can?
Can what?: Do you mean you don't know if you can take the colonoscopy prep? If you're feeling too ill from fibromyalgia or migraine, call GI doctor to discuss and re-schedule colonoscopy when you feel better. But be sure to have it done soon. It may save your life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is : Possible but not recommended. A clear liquid is anything you can see through and most yogurts I have seen are not clear! ...Read more
Possibly: The prep called GoLytly is polyethelyne glycol which when ingested causes an outpouring of body fluid into the GI tract which can lead to dehydration. It is more important to have a bland diet without roughage several days before and use a Fleet enema to clean the distal colon. A clean colon is the important issue and not the total use of oral meds to clean out the bowel. ...Read more
No time at all: your colonoscopy prep should have been done with Go-lytely a mixture of laxity r and electrolytes which stops any electrolyte depletion. If not, you can replenish your self in a few hours if otherwise healthy by drinking something electrolyte rich like coconut water. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Colonoscopy prep with fever
- Can anyone suggest help with a colonoscopy prep gagging?
- How to prep for a colonoscopy with miralax?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What allergy medication can someone with high blood pressure take?
- Can you take garcinia cambogia with thyroid medication?
- Colonoscopy prep and clear yellow stool
- With medication how long does it take a kidney infection to heal
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free