Doctor insights on:
Colonoscopy Long Term After Effects
Are there any long term effects from propofol? I have only been given it one during a colonoscopy.
No: This will not damage you.Get a more detailed answer ›
What are the treatments for intestinal gastritis alongside edema, which is seen in colonoscopy, i ve taken omeprazole long term without finding cure ?
Colonoscopy showed a cecal ulcer. What is a cecal ulcer, and can it be caused by long term NSAID use(like a gastric ulcer)?
Yes: cecal ulcer is ulcer in the cecum of your colon, where the small intestine and appendix attach. NSAIDs are the most common cause of isolated ulcer in this location, and agree ur meds naproxen, motrin and asa are likely culprits. It's not a local effect, so you can also form ulcers elsewhere including stomach while on these medications. Key is rehab/therapy for ur back. Happy to consult further. ...Read more
Anywhere: From 12-36 hours is normal to have a bm after colonosopy. Anything longer and you should call your endoscopist and discuss with them. Also will be dependent on how much you are eating after the procedure. ...Read more
Variable time: A colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same is called a bi-directional. There are variables that affect the amount of time such as skill of the operating physician, amount of fecal material and need for tissue samples. Generally the actual procedure takes 10 - 45 minutes. After the procedure it takes approximately 30 mins to 3 hours to recover from the sedating medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Long term effects after abortion
- Anesthesia after effects long term
- Anesthesia side effects after surgery long term
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effects of anesthesia after surgery
- Chlamydia long term effects after treatment
- Morning after pill long term effects
- Mirapex side effects after long term use
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free