Doctor insights on:
Colonoscopy After Colectomy
The suffix: When a word ends in ectomy it refers to removal of:an organ such as colon in colectomy and kidney in nephrectomy, When the word ends in oscopy it refers to examination of an organ with a device or scope such as in endoscopy, laryngoscopy, proctoscopy. Colonoscopy refers as such to examination of the colon with a colonoscope. ...Read more
I had a colonoscopy that revealed over 1, 000 polyps. Is there any way this doesn't require collectomy?
Unusual to count: this high... if you indeed have a genetic syndrome (FAP or similar) yes a colectomy needs to be considered. a lot of it also depends on the pathology of the polyps themselves. you need to discuss this with your GI doc, surgeon and possibly a genetic counselor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Colonoscopy was done no problems just 2 internal hem. And 1 external , banding proc. Done on one so far, after 2nd banding will ext. Shrink?
1-2 days: If you go home and start eating afterward, thebn you should start having some stool within a day or two. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- First bowel movement after colonoscopy
- Can you drink alcohol after a colonoscopy?
- Diarrhea after colonoscopy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lower back pain after colonoscopy
- Constipation after colonoscopy
- How long do you feel bloated after a colonoscopy?
- Severe gas pains after a colonoscopy
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free