Doctor insights on:
Colitis is inflammation or infection of the colon (large intestine).
IBD: Ulcerative colitis (ul-sur-uh-tiv koe-lie-tis) is an inflammatory bowel disease (ibd) that causes long-lasting inflammation in part of your digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis usually affects only the innermost lining of your large intestine (colon) and rectum.There's no known cure for ulcerative colitis, but therapies are available that may dramatically reduce the signs and symptoms of uc. ...Read more
Many ways : If it's not treated, u can have diarrhea, loss of fluid and electrolytes and poor nutrion. All of these deficiencies can lead to body shut down over time. In an emergent fashion, colon can become very distended (dilate) and start to die (toxic mega colon). This release toxins into ur system causung body to shut down. This is an emergency and needs surgery to survive. ...Read more
Mystery upper left abdominal pain for four years. Gallbladder removed, endless dr visits and no diagnosis. Diverticulitis, colitis, gallbladder rem.
Too complex: This is too complex and too long of a problem to be able to cover in this setting. See your doctor/surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ulcerative colitis
- What is the difference between colitis disease and diverticulitis?
- What happens if ulcerative colitis goes untreated?
- Crohns disease ulcerative colitis and foul smelling stools
- Sigmoid colitis
- Pathophysiology of colitis
- Diffuse colitis
- Colitis vs diverticulitis
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free