Doctor insights on:
I had a total colectomy over 20 years ago, any special diet that i need to follow now that I am on my fortys?
Colectomy and diet.: What is your family doctor telling you when you go in for your routine physical? ...Read more
Varies: This depends on the reason for the colectomy, the approach used. In general, one should be stool within a matter of days. If not, it is possible that there is another reason at work and further evaluation should occur. If you have been operated upon many times before, the operation may have been difficult and slow you intestine is slow to recover. The length of time postoperatively is importan. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Incisions made during a transverse colectomy
- How can i know my skin type?
- Types of hymens
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Diabetes type 2
- Female body type
- What type of pathogen causes the common cold?
- If both parents have o positive blood type
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free