Doctor insights on:
Not the best.: Instead of using Colace a long term, a better approach would be to increase the amount of fiber in your diet and consider a fiber supplement, such as Metamucil, daily. When you do that, you should ramp up the fiber slowly, to avoid getting gassy, and you should increase the amount of fluid intake in addition. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How do you increase BM frequency? I have a BM maybe twice a week with colace. How do I make sure I am more regular?
Several things: Make sure that you have reasonable intake of fiber which means a diet that includes roughage like in the case of green leafy vegetables. You also want to make sure you stay well hydrated. Additionally you want to remain active, as activity does stimulate normal gastrointestinal motility. This is a reasonable place to start. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dulcolax: Dulcolax probably better in an acute situations with no bowel movements in few days. Colace is sometimes used on a daily basis for patients with a tendency to constipation and it takes longer for its effect. Given your age would suggest light exercise and good hydration along with a high fiber diet. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- Dulcolax vs colace
- Loratadine diphenhydramine interaction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lorazepam and melatonin interaction
- Zoloft benadryl interaction
- Colace for ear wax removal
- Seroquel ambien interaction
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online