Doctor insights on:
Coffee Ground Stool Causes
Yes, needs eval: Coffee ground emesis desribes vomiting up material that looks like 'coffee grounds' but is actually blood in the stomach. This is a serious problem whether there is blood in the stool or not. Coffee ground emesis needs to be evaluated by a physician immediately as this can be a life-threatening problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Blood vs. not: A classic description of coffee ground vomiting in medicine is suggestive of bleeding in the upper GI tract, more frequently from an active stomach or duodenal ulcer, however, I do see a lot of people who claim to have had this time of vomiting when in reality no ulcer is found. Some foods may like jam may mislead one. I would still see a physician to rule out bleeding as it is of major concern. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
GI bleeding: Both are something to be concerned about and should be looked into at the earliest. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dark coffee ground stool
- Coffee ground stools
- Black coffee ground stool
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of coffee ground emesis
- Coffee grounds stool causes
- Is coffee ground emesis bad when you have blood in stool?
- Can coffee cause loose stools?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online