Doctor insights on:
Cmv Colitis Transferred Person
Depends: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is itself highly contagious. However, it rarely causes a problem in a person with an intact immune system. Serious infections occur in fetuses (devastating!) whose moms get CMV while pregnant and in immunocompromised patients (with aids or organ transplant recipients). It is this last group that is most likely to get CMV colitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: That's not how CMV is transmitted.Get a more detailed answer ›
Colitis and death: Colitis - inflammation of the colon - can be caused by many different things including ischemea (inadequate blood supply). Rarely this cause leads to severe bleeding and sudden death. Infections, ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease can cause many symptoms but rarely result direclty in death (uc is associated with cancer, however). Bleeding can occur without colitis and this can (rarely) be fatal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How does infectious colitis spread from person to person? My dad was diagnosed with it last night.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How readily is cmv colitis transferred from person to person?
- Is it possible for one person to have both celiac disease and ulcerative colitis?
- Can slippery elm make a person with ulcerative colitis bleed more?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Person celiac disease ulcerative colitis
- Cmv colitis symptoms
- Treatment of cmv colitis
- Is cmv able to be transferred through food?
- Talk to a pediatrician online