Doctor insights on:
Classic Sign Of Uremia
Almost synonyms.: Both words refer to what happens when the kidneys fail to function fully and urea, creatinine, and other nitrogenous waste products build up in the blood. Uremia refers mainly to urea, so it is considered less precise. Azotemia comes from the greek root azote or nitrogen, and describes an excess of nitrogen-containing compounds in the blood. ...Read more
AZOTEMIA is the : Early stage while uremia/ kidney failure is the end stage of kidney disease. In the former, the condition can be caused by dehydration, medication side effect, insufficient water intake, certain medical conditions etc while the latter is caused/ contributed by uncontrolled hypertension, diabetes, liver disease, extreme shock, sepsis/blood infection etc rx-. Hemodialysis and/or kidney transplant. ...Read more
See below: Both can cause Metabolic Encephalopathies, or brain dysfunction. Uremia due to kidney failure, hepatitis due to liver failure. The pathways and toxicity are respectively different but the net effect on brain may be very similar. Clinicians can easily distinguish the two entities. ...Read more
Banana & uremia: Uremic patients usually have very poor appetite. The question is not really whether they could eat bananas but what problems bananas can cause in uremic patients. Bananas are high in potassium and patients who are uremic will likely have difficulty excreting potassium from the body. High blood potassium can lead to irregular heart rhythms which can cause lead to a life-threating situation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is wheezing a sign of hiv?
- What are the signs of arthritis?
- Earliest signs of pregnancy after iui
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Discharge smells like sperm sign of pregnancy
- Movable small lump on collar bone normal lymph node or a sign of something
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Tingling sensation in vagina sign of pregnancy
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free