Doctor insights on:
Claritin How Long To Take Effect
3 days to reach peak: Claritin (loratidine) takes 3 days to reach a steady state, so it could take that long for it to work on hives. Other non-drowsy antihistamines are a better choice: Allegra (fexofenadine) reaches peak effect within 2 hours and Zyrtec (cetirizine) reaches peak effect in 1-2 hours. If you see no benefit at all within 5 hours of taking these, they probably will not work for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Up to 1 hour: Claritin can work relatively quickly in most people. That is, it usually works within 30 minutes. However, in some people it may take up to 60 minutes to have its full effect. If it is not working within that time, or if the duration of effect becomes less and less, seeing an allergy specialist for allergy testing would be recommended as other treatments may be more effective. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pretty Quickly: Most antihistamines will start to work within the first 30-40 minutes. ...Read more
My dr prescribed Claritin for a skin reaction, but its no longer effective. Can I take a second dose so I can get a decent night's sleep?
Claritin: Rather than doubling the dose of Claritin it may be wiser to try a different antihistamine until you can get back in and be seen. Not knowing what the condition is it is difficult to know exactly what to do. I suspect this may be chronic hives. There are certainly other things to do if it is. You may want to see an Allergist, ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for claritin to work?
- How long does it take for claritin to start working?
- How long does it take claritin to start working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for benadryl to take effect?
- How long does antibiotic take to take effect lyme disease?
- How long does it take claritin to work?
- How long does warfarin take to reach maximum effect?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free