Doctor insights on:
Itchy Contact dermatitis - shots, prednisone, Claritin, Benadryl, Allegra, and various creams not helping (getting worse). Any other treatments?
Yes: Most antihistamines are dosed at levels much below the toxic levels. Claritin was initially tested in drug studies at 4 times the current recommended dose. These same studies found that 10 mg yielded nearly equvalent effects as 40 mg. Since there is not a dramatic dose effect, increasing to higher levels rarely improves nasal symptoms. Benadryl may have drying effects but sedation limits the dose. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes you can: You can take both medications at the same time providing that you follow the recommended otc doses. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Benadryl vs claritin
- Benadryl and claritin at same time
- Can you take benadryl with claritin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take claritin and benadryl at the same time?
- Does claritin do the same job as benadryl?
- Can i take benadryl and claritin together?
- Can you claritin and benadryl be taken together?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free