Doctor insights on:
Circular Rash At The Site Of A Tick Bite
My child has a weird circular rash after getting a tick bite. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
Do i need to seek medical treatment for a 2 week old tick bite that is now causing a nickel sized rash? I couldn't get the mouth out when i pulled it
Yes: Yes you should see a doctor. You may need some antibiotics. ...Read more
Should I go to the doctor for a tick bite? Very small Tick removed 2 days ago. Red itchy rash at site of tick bite. Applied cortisone cream.
See DR: Tiny tick= risk for Lyme disease. You have a local reaction to the tick. There is good evidence for using a single dose of antibiotic, typically 200mg Doxycycline (I prefer minocycline) within 48 hrs after discovery of a deer tick to prevent Lyme. You need to be alert and ready for possible Lyme during the next 3 weeks. Unfortunately the blood tests are not reliable and sometimes the primary erytm ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Up to you: If you are allergic to the bites, then they will itch for weeks. If you scratch them, they will itch until you quit scratching them. They can cause hard bumps called nodules if you continue to rub or scratch. Also, are the fleas still around? Other bites can look like flea bites and last a long time, such as scabies and other mites. Hydrocortisone cream and oral Benadryl (diphenhydramine) will help the itch. ...Read more
Lyme: A rash around a tick bite, especially if its a target like red rash and you live in part of the country where lyme is common, is essentially diagnostic of infection with lyme disease. A relatively short course of oral antibiotics (doxycycline is usually best) will easily get rid of this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite
- Home remedies for circular rash at the site of a tick bite
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of infected insect bites?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic reaction to insect bites circular rash at site of tick bite
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of lyme advanced?
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of lyme early?
- What is the best treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite?
- Talk to a dermatologist online