Doctor insights on:
Circular Rash At The Site Of A Tick Bite
My child has a weird circular rash after getting a tick bite. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
Do i need to seek medical treatment for a 2 week old tick bite that is now causing a nickel sized rash? I couldn't get the mouth out when i pulled it
Yes: Yes you should see a doctor. You may need some antibiotics. ...Read more
Should I go to the doctor for a tick bite? Very small Tick removed 2 days ago. Red itchy rash at site of tick bite. Applied cortisone cream.
See DR: Tiny tick= risk for Lyme disease. You have a local reaction to the tick. There is good evidence for using a single dose of antibiotic, typically 200mg Doxycycline (I prefer minocycline) within 48 hrs after discovery of a deer tick to prevent Lyme. You need to be alert and ready for possible Lyme during the next 3 weeks. Unfortunately the blood tests are not reliable and sometimes the primary erytm ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Home remedies for circular rash at the site of a tick bite
- What is the best treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite?
- Herbal treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of lyme early?
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of lyme advanced?
- Allergic reaction to insect bites circular rash at site of tick bite
- Infected insect bites circular rash at site of tick bite
- Talk to a dermatologist online