Doctor insights on:
Cystoscopy. Is it a big deal. Does it show disorders of Urinary tract? Is it painful when u have chronic Urethritis or stricture? Can I have it with Sedation not local topical anesthesia ?
Cystoscopy: is usually done under sedation and is not that painful. they use IV sedation and a lidocaine gel to further numb the urethra. There may be some post op burning but it usually resolves very quickly. I have personally had it done twice and tolerated it well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Treated chalmdyia two negative urine tests but still mild pain after passing urine. Could this be urethral stricture or chronic urethritis?
Consult doctor: Urethral stricture is much more common in men than in women. Any inflammation of the urethra resulting from injury, trauma, previous surgery, or infection can cause urethral stricture. Symptoms of urethral stricture can range from no symptoms at all to complete urinary retention. Imaging studies and endoscopic evaluations are important tools in the diagnosis of urethral stricture. Medications generally play no role, and surgical procedures remain the mainstay of treatment for urethral stricture. The overall prognosis for urethral stricture is good. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prostatitis urethritis related to chronic lyme disease
- Chronic urethritis in women
- Chronic urethritis in men
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chronic urethritis symptoms
- Chronic urethritis in men treatment
- Can gout cause chronic pain?
- Chronic pain
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free