Doctor insights on:
Chronic Liver Disease
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Usually nothing, but: The liver can handle a lot of abuse before you start seeing symptoms. This can take years of abuse sometimes. When the liver becomes so scarred that you develop something called "cirrhosis", or end stage liver disease, then many things will start happening, including jaundice (yellow skin/eyes), bleeding from your GI tract, confusion, fluid buildup in the abdomen and other things. ...Read more
My aunts been diagnosed with chronic liver disease, she's in hepatic encephalopathy, she's also having 4.6 creatinine, what could be the cause?
Elevations: Elevated Liver function tests may occur for a variety of issues from Fatty infiltration (hepatic steatosis), viral illnesses such as the hepatitis viruses, Alcoholism, increased use of medications that metabolize through the liver (such as Acetaminophen), cirrhosis, biliary disease, tumors, gallbladder disease, etc, etc. Get an evaluation for the most likely cause if you feel you have liver Dx. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs of chronic liver disease
- Chronic degenerative disease of the liver
- Stigmata of chronic liver disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chronic liver disease life expectancy
- Chronic liver disease and kidney failure
- Chronic liver disease affect heart
- What are the most common symptoms of chronic liver disease?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free