Doctor insights on:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Definition)
It is longstanding severe fatigue for which no underlying cause has been found.
See details: It is longstanding severe fatigue for which no underlying cause has been found. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Indefinitely: Unless a medical evaluation and lab work reveal an underlying cause that can be treated and corrected, it usually lasts indefinitely. ...Read more
Regular exercise and plenty of hydration will alleviate symptoms. ...See more
Multi system: This condition, perhaps as a sequel to a viral illness, causes tiredness, muscle aching, joint pain and mental fatigue. More common in women, it can affect all age groups, responds poorly to medication, and in extreme cases leaves the patient mostly bedridden. There is no laboratory testing that makes the diagnosis. There are strong psychological underpinnings. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stress reduction (meditation, yoga, massage) and a healthy diet help manage cfs symptoms! ...See more
Chronic fatigue: Are you depressed? What other symptoms do you have? Sounds like you might want to chat with a clinical psychologist. These are not usually associated with cfs. ...Read more
What lab work should be done before a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome is given? Lupus, Lyme disease, heptatitis, anything else?
Varied: There are many different reasons for a person to suffer from fatigue: anemia, hypothyroidism, and many of the autoimmubne diseases. It is generally a diagnosis of exclusion. So lab work should include routine studies such as blood counts, liver and renal function and thyroid function studies. Only if all of these are normal would i pursue further studies. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Has anyone ever recovered from chronic fatigue syndrome like cher
- Chronic fatigue syndrome cfids and adderall
- Chronic fatigue syndrome cfids and effexor
- Does chronic fatigue syndrome cause interstitial cystitis?
- Chronic fatigue syndrome cfids and trazodone
- How to get rid of chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Chronic fatigue syndrome cfids and lyrica
- Chronic fatigue syndrome cfids and wellbutrin
- Talk to a immunologist online for free