Doctor insights on:
Chronic Cryptic Tonsillitis Treatment
Diagnosed by ENT for Chronic Tonsillitis. Want a 2nd opinion please on any treatment before going to surgery. Any options to discuss with my ENT ?
I am suffering from acute and chronic follicular tonsilitis.Please suggest the treatment and diet?
Not really: Chronic tonsillitis is usually from a chronic bacterial infection especially h. Flu or actinomyces. Consider a 3 week course of Augmentin which will cover both or Clindamycin which is especially good for actino. Adults with chronic tonsillitis who require tonsillectomy in 6 mo have much better health, markedly less pain and antibiotic usage making the pain of the surgery worth it in the long run. ...Read more
Depends: Choice of therapy depends upon the etiology of the tonsillar inflammation. Often due to grp a beta-hemolytic strep, but can be due to staph aureus or other bacterial pathogens. If due to infectious mononucleosis or similar viral infections there is no treatment. Many doctors will begin with a physical exam. It it looks bacterial then an oral cephalosporin, quinolone, amoxicillin/clavulanate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cure chronic cryptic tonsillitis
- Chronic cryptic tonsillitis symptoms
- Cryptic tonsillitis treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best antibiotic treatment for tonsillitis?
- Herbal treatment for chronic urine retention
- Over the counter treatment for chronic middle ear fluid
- Herbal treatment for chronic erosive gastritis
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free