Doctor insights on:
Chromium Picolinate Overdose Hair Loss
I'm taking theragran stress tablet one tab. Daily which is a multivitamin bec. Of hair loss. No deficiency could this be overdose? Slight cramps in colon
Should be fine: Some controversy exists over whether a person who eats a balanced diet with lots of vegetables/fruits needs to take a vitamin. But over-the-counter vitamins are formulated to provide a generous amount of vitamins, but not excessive or toxic. Not sure it will help hair loss, but very unlikely to be harmful. Bowel cramps may be signal of mild constipation, sometimes seen with vits. Push fluids/fiber ...Read more
Hair loss, otherwise known as alopecia, can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles or fungal infections. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic (or androgenic) alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head first thins and then falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called ...Read more
Find cause: This may be hypothyroidism, malnutrition, a fungus, alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, inappropriate androgenization (I see you are a female). Don't settle for less than a rigorous diagnosis; get seen by a physician who knows how to manage this. I also see you have helicobacter and 'can't take any kind of antibiotic'; you may conisder a bismuth preparation. Best wishes. ...Read more
Hair Loss: There are a lot of causes for hair loss and knowing that our hair goes through a cycle of growth and loss all the time and what we do to our hair is a main cause of altering our hair cycle leading to loss. Nutrition, Stress and hair products are causes. Get a good SLS free product and condition your hair. Eat healthy and remember to de-stress. If that does not work, see your doctor. ...Read more
Stress, drugs, fever: Rapid falling of hair is called a telogen effluvium. It occurs 3 months after a stressful event, either physical or mental. High fever and drugs can also cause shedding of scalp hair. This is a non-scarring cause of hair loss and returns to normal over time. Biotin 5mg and zinc 30mg daily are co-enzymes for hair production. ...Read more
Inherited baldness: "pattern baldness" is the most common cause of hair loss, and is usually inherited (it's in the genes). In men, it is called male pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia. Men get a receding hair line and hair loss on top of the head. In women, it is called female pattern baldness. Women get some hair loss from the whole scalp, so the hair looks thinner. ...Read more
Noogies hair loss: Do "noogies" damage the hair or cause hair loss? ANS: Please define exactly what you mean by a noogie as the definition seems to vary by the part of the world you are in. Also define how often and how hard a noogie you are talking about. I do no recall how you express the power of a noogie. Do you have a standard unit for a your noogie? Is is expressed as noogie or millinoogies? Send details. ...Read more
Hair Loss: This condition is often related to the thyroid or the lack of good nutrition. I would get a thyroid test to see. If you have a head of hair similar to your family then this is most likely genetics. Your physician can work with you to find a medication that can prevent further loss and some medications used for this allow some regrowth of hair. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Chromium picolinate and lupus
- What vitamins can be taken with the drug crestor?
- Is it safe to take a fish oil supplement since i had gastric sleeve one year ago?
- Is taking folic acid and biotin together safe for promoting hair growth?
- Chromium picolinate dr oz
- Can you overdose on protein?
- Chromium picolinate joint pain
- Chromium picolinate stomach bloating
- Can a vitamin d supplement cause cramping and diarrhea?
- Can excessive vitamin d supplements cause muscle cramps?
- Can i take acetyl l-carnitine niacin at the same time?
- Can zinc supplements cause finger numbness?
- Overdose of centrum multivitamin multimineral supplement
- Timing of taking vitamin b complex with keppra
- Is biotin safe for teenagers?
- Biotin and niacin for hair growth
- Amway nutrilite products given to paralytic and stroke patients
- Biotin safe while trying to conceive
- Mineral oil overdose signs
- Oyster shell calcium 500 adverse effects