Doctor insights on:
911: Call 911 if a person is considering intentional overdose. It is possible to overdose on any drug, and the effects of it are generally unpredictable for a particular case and dose. Overdose means exceed the maximum dose, not necessarily that a (desired?) effect will occur. Ask the prescribing dr how to not overdose. Keep it safe. ...Read more
Chlorpromazine: Chlorpromazine (thorazine) is an antipsychotic medicine. If you are agitated and hallucinating, it will help you feel calm and help stop the hallucinations. It can also be sedating, allowing sleep if you haven't slept because of the above. It can cause your blood pressure to drop when you stand up. ...Read more
Depends: Thorazine can be prescribed for many conditions including psychosis, nausea and vomiting, sedation, and intractable hiccups at a wide range of doses. It can certainly be effective in some individuals, however side effects including sedation and weight gain may be problematic for some. ...Read more
Half life: The half life is 23-37 hours. Four half lives are usually thought to be the time for a drug to be eliminated. Thus 4-6 days. ...Read more
I was given chlorpromazine 25mg for poor, fragmented sleep. How dangerous could it be to just try it once and see how it works?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i overdose on vitamin b6?
- Can you overdose on ibuprofen 800mg?
- How many advil does it take to overdose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many amoxicillin does it take to overdose?
- Can you die from beta blocker overdose?
- Can an overdose of aspirin kill you?
- How many citalopram does it take to overdose?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free