Doctor insights on:
Avoidance: The important treatment for irritant triggers such as chlorine is to avoid the substance as much as possible. This can include using using an acceptable substitute product, using the product in well ventilated areas, wearing a special face mask, etc. The cough may be irritant or even asthma. Your doctor can assess this with spirometry (breathing test) and recommend medications if needed. ...Read more
Not at normal levels: Any pool that stinks too much of chlorine is probably not great for anybody as the gas formed as it escapes the water is a lung irritant. At normal levels it is fine for all swimmers including baby. ...Read more
MgCl2: More than likely you are inquiring about magnesium chloride, also known as epsom salt, used for cellular detoxification, and tissue purification. Magnesium in different forms: present in milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for constipation; given IV in eclampsia during pregnancy; IV in cardiac irregularity; used to treat muscle cramping. ...Read more
Irritant not allergy: You really can't be allergic to chlorine. It's an element not a protein. Chlorine gas, however, is a powerful mucous membrane irritant and can trigger symptoms - coughing, burning eyes and nasal passage, watery eyes, sore throat, difficulty breathing - that resembles some allergic symptoms. Chlorine gas can be generated in your home by combining bleach and ammonia. Don't do it. ...Read more
Maybe...: Chlorine is irritating to the parts of our bodies, and can depend on how sensitive our living tissues are to the chemical, and how high the concentration of chlorine is. A true allergy to chlorine refers to reactions of chlorine with our immune systems (think of hay fever, dust allergy, food allergy). One can try allergy meds, but they may not help much if chlorine is directly irritating tissues. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PREGNANCY: After the first trimester, any exposure to any substance is safe. ...Read more
Depends on dose : Silicon is inert and has been shown to not adversely affect ones health. Chlorine in low doses is beneficial to your health as it keeps your water supply free of harmful bacteria. Higher doses of chlorine can cause asthma like symptoms if inhaled and can poison you if ingested . ...Read more
Closed wound: It should be safe if your wound/bite is closed and healed. ...Read more
No: MINOR CUT IS SAFE YOU WOULD NOT WNAT TO GET ANY NONSTERILE PRODUCT INTO AN LARGE SCRAPE OR OPEN WOUND.IT YOU DO SIMPLY WASH IT OFF. SORRY FOR THE CAPS ...Read more
I have balanits and I'm at a water park, but I am not sure if it is safe to go in the water since it has chlorine.
All water has CL: So if you are bathing you have already been exposed. Of course the levels are higher, so you should just go in for a minute or two to see if it bothers you and if it does, go and rinse off in the shower immediately. If you HAPPEN to have any vaseline or zinc oxide with you, you could try putting this on first; but fair warning that though it may protect you, could also leave oil spot on trunks. ...Read more
Why i stop having nightsweats after carbon excess dioxide has been removed to my body? im in a ecu that day. is that the cause?
Stay with it!: You need to call or see your doctors for these answers. I would need medical records of your recent conditions before I could help. ...Read more
Allergic to chlorine, had a bad reaction last night because the levels were high. Not feeling well todsy as a result. Should I avoid the pool today?
Toxic reaction?: What symptoms did you have? Skin, Respiratory, neurologic or other? If you are convinced that the chlorine was the cause then yes, wait until the water or ambient levels drop. FYI , technically speaking reactions to chlorine are not actually due to allergy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer