Doctor insights on:
Chlamydia How Long Can You Have It
Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacteria. Genital symptoms include burning on urination, vaginal or penile discharge, pain with sexual intercourse or no symptoms at all. In many patients without symptoms, chlamydial infections can spread upwards into the abdomen and cause serious complications due to scarring. Newborns can acquire chlamydial eye infection from birth ...Read more
It can be : Assymptomatic in males and females.Get a more detailed answer ›
# of Infections: The number of chlamydia infections is probably more important to risk of infertility. After 3 or more then the risk is over 75%. If you suspect any std then you need prompt attention because untreated infection does cause more damage. The worse case is to develop an abscess in the pelvic organs which requires hospitalization. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Indefinitely: Although it can infect the cervix causing chronic cervicitis for years, can also ascend into the endometrial (uterine) cavity and out through the tubes causing severe pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) which may hospitalize you and could certainly leave you sterile. That is why it is recommended that all young women, and those at risk, be screened annually. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chlamydia is a curable sexually transmitted infection that is caused by the bacteria chlamydia trachomatis. This bacteria infects mucous membranes of the urethra, vagina, cervix, anus, rectum, eyelid, and throat. Chlamydia may be asymptomatic but some patients experience pain or burning during urination, nausea, fever, vaginal discharge, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you have chlamydia and not know it?
- How long can you have chlamydia without knowing?
- How long can you have chlamydia before infertility?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you have chlamydia before you know it?
- How long can a woman have chlamydia and not know it?
- How long can you have chlamydia before your fertility hide away?
- How long can you have chlamydia before it causes pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free