Doctor insights on:
Children Ear Infections
Is the common cold in children something that should be followed by an ear examination to rule out an ear infection?
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
Ear Infection Signs: Ear infection symptoms include pain, hearing loss, and fever. Usually, these symptoms follow an upper respiratory infection, especially the common cold, in young children. Adults experience ear infections infrequently, but often may have ear pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Otitis externa is also known as Swimmer's ear. Otitis externa is an infection of the outer ear canal. Patients usually have pain at the outer ear, and there may be fluid draining from the ear. Often these infections are caused by water accumulating in the ear canal, such as after swimming, or if the ear ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can children with ear infections fly?
- How long does an ear infection last in children?
- Gluten allergies ear infections in children
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Frequent ear infections in children
- Chronic ear infections in children with tubes
- Is ear infection contagious in children?
- Ear infection complications in children
- Talk to a pediatrician online