Doctor insights on:
It could: A lot depends on the size of the baby, the size of the head, how far along you are, and the size of your vaginal opening. Also the presentation of the baby and the angle of the head. Many women tear, or a tear is created using an episiotomy to avoid further tearing. Mostly it's a small tear, but even large ones can be repaired. Your OB can better discuss your risk of tearing. ...Read more
Low: Mortality rate in the US is approximately 17 per 100,000 live births. Many factors contribute to mortality and complications. Here is some information: http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/MaternalInfantHealth/PMSS.html ...Read more
16.7..: 16.7 per 100, 000 births.Get a more detailed answer ›
Too many...: Most are women in Africa and Asia with poor access to medical care. In the United States, there about 600 (or 15-20 in every 100,000) a year. Most of these deaths could be prevented with good prenatal care and access to medical services like transfusion, blood pressure medicines, antibiotics, etc. ...Read more
Takes time : Your stitches will gradually absorb over time. However, there might be areas of stitches that take longer and you can feel like it is "sticking you". I had this feeling with all of my episiotomy sutures with three kids! If there is increasing redness or fever then you need to be seen. Congrats on the baby! ...Read more
Stress and trauma: Child birth can cause vaginal trauma. Having a child can be very stressful. Both of these problems can make it hard to have normal sexual function. If you can not achieve an orgasm, and before you had your child you could, then it's time to call your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can block fallopian tubes after child birth?
- Ovarian cysts after child birth symptoms
- How to get rid of the lower belly pooch after child birth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Child with club foot at risk for other birth defects
- Worlds oldest women to give birth to a child
- Natural child birth vedio
- How long after birth does a child who inherited thalassemia major show symptoms?
- Talk to a pediatrician online