Doctor insights on:
Likely: Since the most common issue with celery is related to pollen-food allergy syndrome, I will assume it is the case here. Allergic sensitivity is cross-reactive between Birch family of pollens (or mugwart) and foods including celery and fennel (and others in apiaciae family like carrot). Patients may not have symptoms with all foods in the family, but would be expected to have symptoms with 2-3. ...Read more
Not necessarily: Although the two foods are in the same genus does not mean that you will react to all the foods in that family. Depending on your reaction to celery I would proceed with caution and you can always have an allergist test you for these foods. ...Read more
I am 22 week & have been taking fennel seeds for morning sickness from 10 - 12 weeks, without knowing its side effects. Is there any risk to my baby?
OK to go: Fennel seed and its extract is fine to use during breastfeeding. There are actually some reports that it may enhance milk supply. So as with everything when you are breastfeeding, use in moderation and relax and enjoy this time with your new baby. Congratulations! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Red bumps that look like chicken pox
- Armpit chicken skin
- Chicken pox scar removal cream
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does all raw chicken have salmonella?
- Diarrhea after eating chicken
- Eating chicken bone marrow
- Looks like chicken pox but not
- Urine smells like chicken soup