Doctor insights on:
Changing Your Menstrual Cycle
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Usually not: But having an illness or infection can. ...Read more
No: You may read that you can take black cohosh, but it is not proven effective and imo, any substance that you take to effect a change in your body is a drug. So, that leaves pregnancy, breast feeding as the only natural ways to stop it. Best bet is some form of birth control pill/ring/mirena. If you are due to have a period on your wedding day, your doctor would like at least 2 months heads up! ...Read more
Menstrual refers to the monthly cycle in women which prepares the female for ovulation, generally once per month, which is that time of month that the egg can be fertilized by the male sperm, for the purpose of reproduction. Menstrual cycles start at the first day of menstruation. (it's always been curious to me that 'menstrual' and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of menstrual cycle changes
- How to change your menstrual cycle?
- Can your menstrual cycle change?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause your menstrual cycle to change?
- Why does your menstrual cycle change?
- Can zoloft change your menstrual cycle?
- Can stress change your menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free